Losing one or more of your teeth creates a gap in your smile, affects your ability to chew properly, and can alter your diet and nutrition. In addition to these serious issues, tooth loss also causes loss of jaw bone and facial support.
WHY SHOULD I CONSIDER DENTAL IMPLANTS?
- 98% success rate – Highest out of any dental procedure!
- Avoids bone loss and gum recession associated with tooth loss.
- Restores proper chewing, leading to a better diet and improved teeth.
- Avoids grinding down healthy teeth for conventional bridgework.
- Improves speech.
- Increases comfort.
- Helps promote long-term facial integrity.
Choosing a dental implant expert who has the verified training, education, and experience specific to dental implants is crucial. Dr. Djawdan is Board Certified by the American Board of Implantology/Implant Dentistry and is considered and expert in implant dentistry.
We use advanced technology to offer our patients precision and accuracy in diagnosis and treatment. In 2004, we were one of the first dental practices in the world to have an in-office dental CT scan. With a dental CT scan and 3-D imaging software, we can fully visualize the placement of dental implant(s) in a real 3-D environment and then design a surgical and restorative plan.
TREATMENT PLANNING FIRST
The most important factor is the treatment planning with a vision of the end in mind.
During your consultation we will obtain diagnostic imaging (3D, 2D and intra oral). Dr. Djawdan will review your medical & dental history to measure your risk and susceptibility to recurrent decay and or periodontal disease. He will use the CT scan and 3D imaging software to full visualize the placement and restoration of your dental implant(s).
TOOTH ALREADY MISSING
If the tooth is already missing, we will use the CT scan and 3D imaging software to simulate placement of a dental implant with a crown to determine if the site has adequate bone to support the dental implant, we can proceed with placement of the dental implant. The dental implant typically requires 2 to 3 months to integrate before we can load it with a permanent restoration (abutment & crown).
If you have a tooth that has a poor prognosis to treat and restore, with 3D imaging we can often times plan to take the hopeless tooth and place a dental implant the same day.
If the 3D imaging reveals inadequate bone to support a dental implant we can evaluate how much bone we need and what the prognosis would be to grow bone. We use some of the world’s most advanced technology to aid bone preparation and augmentation procedures.
- Densah™ Bur – “Osseodensification” is rotated at high speed in a reversed, non-cutting direction with steady external irrigation bone tissue bulk is preserved and simultaneously compacted and auto-grafted in outwardly expanding directions.
- L-PRF – Leukocyte-Platelet Rich Fibrin is a bioactive “band-aid” that is created from your own blood and then placed in your surgery sites to promote healing. When placed in surgery sites, L-PRF releases your body’s own natural healing proteins, creating a more efficient network for cells to enhance the healing process.
- Piezosurgery® Touch’s – micrometric cutting action provides ultimate surgical precision and intra-operative sensitivity, while the selective cutting action allows surgeons to cut bone while minimizing trauma to the soft tissues.
We understand that you maybe gathering information about your treatment options and not sure where to begin…
We would like to share with you that welcome the opportunity to help patients explore all possible treatment solutions. We are not a corporate chain with high pressure sales people. There is no “one-size-fits-all” solution. We believe in listening to what you want to achieve and then designing a custom treatment solution based on what you to achieve. You may have several treatment options to consider. We understand that most people have to plan and budget for the treatment they want and we welcome the opportunity to be a part of that process. If you have questions, please feel free to call us 410-881-1070 if it’s after office hours you can email us by filling in the Have a Question contact form. If you are ready to schedule your judgement free consultation, please feel free to call or complete the request a consultation form.